Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated: July 4, 2019
We expect you to adhere to the following rules whenever you use our products or services.
- Abuse: We have zero tolerance for abusive behavior. You agree not to harass, threaten, or defame any person or entity. You agree not to contact any person who has requested no further contact from you.
- Privacy: You agree not violate the privacy rights of any person. You agree not to cooperate in or facilitate identity theft. You agree not to collect or disclose any personal addresses, social security numbers, or other personally identifiable information without each individual’s permission. You acknowledge that you must provide us with your customers’ names and other relevant business identifiers (such as account numbers) in order to use our products or services, and you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable data privacy and data protection laws in connection your use of our products or services.
- Intellectual Property: We take intellectual property rights very seriously, and we expect you to do the same. You agree not to infringe on any copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity in connection with your use of our products or services. You agree not reproduce, publish, or disseminate software, audio recordings, video recordings, photographs, articles, or other works of authorship without the written permission of the copyright holder.
- Hacking, Viruses, and Network Attacks:. You agree not to access any computer or communications system without authorization, including the computers used to provide our products or services. You agree that you will not attempt to penetrate or disable any security system. You agree not to intentionally distribute a computer virus, launch a denial of service attack, or in any other way attempt to interfere with the functioning of any computer, communications system, or website. You agree not to attempt to access or otherwise interfere with the accounts of other users of our products or services.
- Spam: You agree not to send bulk unsolicited emails (also known as “spam”) or sell or market any product or service advertised by or connected with spam. You agree not to facilitate or cooperate in the dissemination of spam in any way. You agree not to violate the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
- Fraud: You agree not to issue fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, services, or investments. You agree not to mislead anyone about the details or nature of a commercial transaction. You agree not to commit fraud in any other way.
- Violations of Law: You agree not to violate any laws or regulations applicable to our products or services or your use of our products or services.
- Other: Our list of rules is not exhaustive. Please know that we expect all of our customers and users to adhere to commonly accepted practices in the Internet community and to exercise good judgment when using our products or services.
What are the consequences for breaking the rules?
Violation may lead to suspension or termination of your account or other legal action. Please note that you may also be required to pay for the costs of investigation and remedial action. We reserve the right to take any remedial action we deem appropriate in connection with a suspected violation. If you suspect a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy has taken place, we ask that you report it via email to email@example.com as soon as posgsible. It would be helpful if you could provide as much detail around the suspected violation as possible, such as the date and time of the violation and any known identifying information regarding the suspected violator. Thank you for your cooperation and for being part of the AskNicely community.